All Primary Teachers Association (APTA) Wears Black Ribbons To Protest
CHITRAL: All Primary Teachers Association (APTA),Chitral, has started a protest campaign to get their demands acceded to. Primary School teachers have started wearing black ribbons during their working hours and have warned to initiate province-wide protests if their voices are not heard. The provincial president of APTA also arrived, Chitral to support the campaign. He was received at Chitral Airport by Muhammad Ashraf, District President of APTA along with a cabinet of APTA, Chitral. The association announced the protest campaign at a primary school in Dawshash with demands such as:
- Quash the one-time promotion policy.
- 20% increase in Senior English Teachers Posts.
- Enhance the Basic Pay Scale (BPS) of primary teachers based on experience and service loyalty i.e PBS 12 on 10-year service, PBS-14 on 15-year service, PBS-15 on 20-year, PBS-16 on 25-year and PBS-17 on the completion of 30 years of service.
- Increments to encourage advancement to higher academic qualification
- Regularize the contract teachers.
- Establishment of Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education at Chitral.
- Encourage Local primary teachers for examination duty
- Increase in Conveyance Allowance and Fire Wood Allowance.
The teachers also demanded the government and responsible authorities to standardize syllabus in all public and private schools of the province. The Association has scheduled a protest get-to-gather to chart out its province wide agitation.
G.H.Farooqui has contributed to this story from Chitral, Pakistan