Protesters Burn Effigy of NATO Chief in Chitral.
- Revolt in Gilgit, Hindu Officials arrested
- There is no mountain bigger than Khusraw: Ismailis in Chitral Celebrate Phatak Festival
- Lionel Messi plastic bag shirt: 5-year-old Afghan boy inspires messi to meet him
- OEC organized Winter Dialogue for reflecting on the progress and strengthening the teamwork
- Ghizer Intelligence Agencies press people to provide information about their family members abroad
Chitral— Members of Insaf Students Federation (ISF) under auspices of Pakistan Tehriki Insaf (PTI) held a rally against NATO attack on Pakistan Army. An effigy of NATo chief was escorted in the streets of Chitral with banners condemning the NATO attack in Mohmand Agency where 24 soldiers were killed.
A large number of people marched — holding banners and chanting slogans — through streets of Chitral to express their solidarity with the Pakistan Army. The protest rally eventually turned into a protest gathering at a main square in Drosh some 45 Km from Chitral city.
Dr. Shahzada Sardarul Mulk, a retired health official headed the gathering and several other speakers addressed the people expressing their dissent and disapproval of murderous adventures by foreign forces inside Pakistani borders. The speakers appealed the public not to surrender to the ‘International Bandwagon’ propaganda against Pakistan Army. District President of PTI was also present. The protest participants passed a unanimous resolution condemning the NATO attack.
The speakers at the gathering demanded the Federal Government to stop NATO supplies indefinitely. The protest participants also urged the Federal government to respect verdicts of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
Dr. Sardar Ul Mulk, president of PTI union, Razitu Billah President PTI Drosh, Abdul Latif, District President of PTI addressed the gathering. The protest gathering dispersed soon after an effigy of NATO chief burnt.
G.H.Farooqui has contributed to this story from Chitral, Pakistan.